Re: ncurses-4.0 un-announcement

From: Peter Seebach <seebs_at_solon.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 13:28:04 -0600 (CST)

Hmm. I'm *pretty* sure I never saw anything about ncurses-4.0, until
I saw a pair of *responses* (messages with "Re: in the Subject).

Is it possible that, in some cases, only some people get some messages?
Although it's fairly rare, messages *do* get lost fairly badly; someone
whose system had < 1 second ping times to my computer sent me email that
didnt' reach me for 7 *months*. (I got it in October, after he sent it in
March.) (And his reply to my response took over a month.)

I don't know how anyone would track this; after all, you can't send out
an email saying "respond if you don't get this...", and, of course, the
chances are fairly good that the failures are not consistent. (For instance,
both I and esr@ apparently got my message asking if the list was
dropping things.)

-s