Re: 4.0 to go official soon?

From: Eric S. Raymond <>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 11:16:29 -0500 (EST)

> Is there a public schedule for ncurses? Or terminfo?

There's never been a public schedule. This was one of my major
gripes with Zeyd's handling of the project, and remains a major gripe
with Thomas Dickey's behavior.
> Or is this the beginning of the end of a stable ncurses tree?

That's a very good question -- one Thomas appears not to have thought
about very carefully. Or, at least, he won't tell anybody what he's

		Eric S. Raymond