Re: UPS, the teamsters, and ncurses

From: Eric S. Raymond <esr_at_snark.thyrsus.com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 11:21:18 -0400 (EDT)

Christopher Miller writes:
> Speaking of which, is there an alternative like passing on the overall
> stewardship to someone **like** cygnus, caldera, gnu, etc...? Some
> organization with a track record in managing talented and strong
> personalities?

I have already said that I am willing to see the primary maintainer
role passed to a safe third party (and I don't think Zeyd would object
at this point, either, though I can't commit him on this).

I actually asked Keith Bostic (the former 4.4BSD maintainer and a strong
supporter of this project) to take over six months ago, in an
effort to avoid this confrontation. He wouldn't do it, for which
I can't say I blame him.

I don't want to maintain ncurses for the rest of time. Technically,
the work I wanted to do on it is nearly accomplished. If some person
or organization of good repute wants to step up to the plate, I am
more than willing to cooperate for a smooth transition and orderly
transfer of rights.

--
		Eric S. Raymond