Re: Continuing ncurses development

From: Thomas E. Dickey <dickey_at_clark.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 04:57:55 -0400 (EDT)

> Even after all of the email sent out by Eric Raymond and Thomas Dickey, it
> is still not clear to me why there has been such a breakdown, and
> downright fight over ncurses.
There's a lot of issues involved. I made the 1.9.9g and 4.0 releases
not because I had intended making releases (I'd told more than one person
that my goal for the betas was to prevent another debacle such as 1.9.9e),
but in response to blackmail by Eric (he demanded that I make a release
so that he could get the "kudos" - his word - which he deserved, or he'd
take it away and take all the credit for himself - that was on the mailing
list in November).

Given that I was doing the ongoing maintenance, the only way I would do a
release would be as primary maintainer - which I've been doing for more than
a year.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
dickey_at_clark.net