There is a directory browser extension for vile written with the perl interface.
The main features of the directory browser are:
The package contains the following three perl files.
- two panel display for separate listing of directories and files
- configurable color hilighting based on the type of the file
- recognizes broken symlinks
- hypertext based directory traversal and file viewing
- mime aware capabilities to view files using appropriate applications
- plugins extension to the mime library to allow to view certain files
within vile after passing through a vile based perl filter routine.
Detailed pod documentation is contained within each file.
The package also contains sample files for:
To get started off without reading the documentation:
The perl directory-browser script was written by Kuntal M Daftary in 1998.
Kevin Buettner provided help with bug-fixes.
- put all the three perl files in ~/.vile/perl
- put the sample mailcap and mime.types files in ~/.vile
- put the following lines in your .vilerc
~if ¬ $status
bind-key execute-macro-22 ^M
perl "use directory"
- open up vile and type
- Press <RETURN> on directory name to change to that directory and on the file
name to view that file.