There is a directory browser extension for vile
written with the perl interface.
The main features of the directory
The package contains the following
three perl files.
- two panel display for separate listing of directories and
- configurable color hilighting based on the type of the
- recognizes broken symlinks
- hypertext based directory traversal and file viewing
- mime aware capabilities to view files using appropriate
- plugins extension to the mime library to allow to view
certain files within vile after passing through a vile based
perl filter routine.
Detailed pod documentation is contained within each file.
The package also contains sample files for:
To get started off
without reading the documentation:
The perl directory-browser script was
written by Kuntal M Daftary in 1998. Kevin Buettner provided help
- put all the three perl files in ~/.vile/perl
- put the sample mailcap and mime.types files in ~/.vile
- put the following lines in your .vilerc
~if ¬ $status
bind-key execute-macro-22 ^M
perl "use directory"
- open up vile and type
- Press <RETURN> on directory name to change to that
directory and on the file name to view that file.