Re: 4.0 to go official soon?

From: Florian La Roche <florian_at_knorke.saar.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 17:42:19 +0100

> There's never been a public schedule. This was one of my major
> gripes with Zeyd's handling of the project, and remains a major gripe
> with Thomas Dickey's behavior.

But now people can test the current ncurses version and discuss about
the stability and possible release plans.
If discussion won't be possible in the future, I hope Thomas will know
enough about release cycles...

> > Or is this the beginning of the end of a stable ncurses tree?
>
> That's a very good question -- one Thomas appears not to have thought
> about very carefully. Or, at least, he won't tell anybody what he's
> thinking.

I think development can just continue. Thomas will
add any posted patches and make development snapshots.
Release cyles are also a bit more in his hand, but anybody can
make suggestions.
No reason to turn down good arguments, or?

Thomas has done a very good job with the development versions until now.
I hope that he will continue doing so.

Greetings,

Florian La Roche