Re: 4.0 to go official soon?

From: Zeyd M. Ben-Halim <zmbenhal_at_majordomo.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 22:44:30 -0800

>> Is there a public schedule for ncurses? Or terminfo?
>
>There's never been a public schedule. This was one of my major
>gripes with Zeyd's handling of the project, and remains a major gripe
>with Thomas Dickey's behavior.

Not to deflect the blame (guilty as charged!) but I've yet to see anyone
come up with any sort of schedule. Since Eric/Tom/Juergen did 99% of the
coding and I packaged the result it seems they would have a better sense
of what's ahead (considering the ultra-secret todo lists :-)

>> Or is this the beginning of the end of a stable ncurses tree?
>
>That's a very good question -- one Thomas appears not to have thought
>about very carefully. Or, at least, he won't tell anybody what he's
>thinking.

I certainly don't know, but I am disappointed with his lack of co-
operation.

Zeyd