Re: Primary ncurses maintainer

From: Jason Evans <jasone_at_mrc.uidaho.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 14:09:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Juergen Pfeifer wrote:
> Summary of my position:
>
> First and preferred option:
>
> I'll take the role of the primary maintainer for ncurses under these
> conditions:
>
> - There is a public agreement from Eric and Zeyd
> - They transfer the copyright to me
> - I'll distribute ncurses BSD like (or under LGPL if that is
> what the community wants)
> - The decision will be made until June,13th
> - I'll take the job immediately after the decision. There is no
> "test phase" monitored by Eric, there is no way to revert the
> decision for Eric.
> - Someone provides write-access to a large enough ftp account
>
> Second option:
>
> One of the other (P. Seebach, F. LaRoche, J. Evans) becomes
> the primary maintainer. This should be decided also until June, 13th.
> Again there should be no "backdoor" to revert the decision.
>
> Third option:
>
> The situation with ncurses is not resolved until June,13th. In this
> case I'll stop contributing to ncurses and participate in a new
> project to get a free curses clone for the community. I'll then act
> as a coordinator to get this project on the road, later on the question
> who will maintain this project can be decided.

Here we are, it's June 13. Things have been quiet lately... What is it
going to be -- ncurses or a new project to replace it?

Jason

Jason Evans: [MRC System Administrator]
e-mail: [jasone_at_mrc.uidaho.edu]
office phone: [(208) 885-7226]
home phone: [(208) 882-6745]
quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration." - Thomas Edison]