Re: What's the status of ncurses now?

From: Ward Horner <whorner_at_tsi-telsys.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:01:33 -0500

>We have a new primary maintainer and a plan to resolve the copyright
>problem.

When will the new primary maintainer take over? From what baseline will the
work begin? Will he take up where the Dickey left off or start from 1.9.9g?

I realize that some people don't feel this way, but I found Dickey to be
very responsive to my input and he was a great help in my port to vxWorks
OS. My requests were never more than one patch away, which he released
faithfully every weekend.

I guess I'm wondering if we can expect a similar level of support and
effort from the new maintainer.

Ward Horner